A big thank you to all my followers

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Addicted to CAS, CAS on Sunday and Allsorts


I haven't played for a wee while as we have been a way for break in Pitlochry, but when I saw the challenges for Addicted to Cas was vellum and Cas on Sunday was for embossing as was the Allsorts challenge just knew I had to play along as have been dying to try these techniques that I saw on Jennifer McGuires blog. 
The techniques are to make your own sparkly embossing powder  then heat emboss as usual ,mine is a bit patchy but not too noticeable in RL as the ink shines through it ..handy :)...I chose to do it on vellum using SU's reason to smile gerbera set and then used another technique where I coloured the back of the vellum in different shades so that it shines through. Jennifer's looked fantastic ,mine well first tried it with promarkers didnt work too pale so used SU markers instead better but not enough shades but ok, then I fussy cut it out and stuck it on to a panel that I had stamped with a partial SU flowering flourish (love this set sooo versatile!) added a sentiment as close to the blues colours that I could.
Here is a close up of the flower hopefully you can see the vellum and the sparkle a bit better!

 
Thanks for taking the time to look 
xxx




9 comments:

  1. Ooh, very pretty Jenni and I can just see the sparkle! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the technique you've used of colouring on the back of an image stamped on vellum. Very elegant. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really elegant CAS creation Jenni.

    In case you didn’t know, we have some great candy to be won at our sister challenge here

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great and elegant card with a lovely technique. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great technique!! Will have to try this one. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant card, Jenni. Great colours and techniques. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Jenni and thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS for our vellum challenge. Yes I can see the sparkle and I love that flower. Great use of the vellum such a pretty CAS creation.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment it is greatly appreciated!