A big thank you to all my followers

Sunday 31 May 2015

MCV4




We were delighted when my oldest stayed over on Friday night as he was taking part in a 5k charity walk at the beach through his work and we are just a  20mins walk away from the beach. It was soooo nice to have all the family together for a little while.
( they couldn't have picked a worse day to do the walk  ,it was just pouring with rain- he came back soaked to the skin and frozen!)

But while he was away I managed to get this card made for the challenge over at MCV. This week the guest designer was the very talented Tracey Mc Neely,Don't you just love her card?? As usual didn't have the snowdrift die or a christmas tree one -some how no matter what I buy for my stash I never quite seem to have the right die or stamp for my project! :) but I think I managed to improvise not too bad....Used tumbled glass DI for the background and used a circle mask for the winter sun.  Cut the triangles out of  SU DP scrap paper  and the snow drift was ripped paper,die cut some tiny stars as it  is a early frosty morning...,yeah I know I'm reaching :) but it needed something and I didnt have any thing to make snow :( and then  I stamped a flonzcraft sentiment.But still felt there was something not quite right ,then I realised that my trees were ''floating' oh no I had forgot to add the trunks and I had stuck everything down !!! hopefully no-one will notice that they are a late addition :)

Thanks for taking the time to look.
xxx

6 comments:

  1. This is great, Jenni! I love the patterned paper and starry sky - your improvisation works perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 'starry night' take on this card, Jenni! So glad you joined us at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great improvisation with your card. Love your embossed stars and torn snowdrifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn I LOVE your starry sky with the moon and the embossing paste stars. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the Muse Christmas Visions challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! And I can really relate to never quite having the right supplies on hand for a challenge - despite DH thinking that's impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - love the winter sun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment it is greatly appreciated!